Choosing the right shower for your bathroom renovation is a key decision. The shower often serves as the centerpiece of your bathroom, providing not only functionality but also a significant influence on the overall aesthetic. At HomePride Bath, a 5-star rated, locally-owned bathroom remodeler serving Colorado, California, and Wyoming, we’re committed to guiding you through this critical selection process. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right replacement shower for your bathroom.
Consider Your Bathroom’s Size and Layout
Matching Your Shower to Your Space
The size and layout of your bathroom will greatly influence the type of shower that will work best.
- If your bathroom is on the smaller side, a corner shower can maximize space.
- For larger bathrooms, consider a luxurious walk-in shower or a shower-tub combo.
- Keep in mind the location of plumbing fixtures, windows, and doors when deciding on the shower placement.
Assess Your Household’s Needs
Meeting the Demands of Daily Life
Consider your household’s needs when choosing your shower.
- If you have young children or seniors living at home, a low-threshold shower or a walk-in shower with grab bars can enhance safety.
- If you value a relaxing soak, consider a shower-bath combination.
- For a quick and efficient bathing routine, a standalone shower with multiple showerheads might be ideal.
Reflect on Your Style Preferences
Finding a Shower That Matches Your Taste
Your shower should not only be functional but also fit with your style preferences and the overall bathroom aesthetic.
- For a modern look, consider frameless glass shower doors and sleek, minimalistic hardware.
- If your style leans more traditional, a shower with a deep bronze or brushed nickel finish can add a classic touch.
- The choice of tile or wall material can greatly influence your shower’s appearance—marble for a luxurious feel, subway tile for a clean and classic look, or patterned tile for a bold statement.
Plan for the Future
Choosing a Shower That Will Stand the Test of Time
Think about your long-term plans for the house when choosing your shower.
- If you plan to age in place, consider incorporating accessibility features in your shower design.
- Choose durable materials and high-quality fixtures to ensure your shower stands up to years of use.
- If you plan to sell in the future, consider potential buyers’ preferences and choose a shower that will add value to your home.
At HomePride Bath, we understand the impact that the right shower can have on your bathroom’s functionality, aesthetics, and overall enjoyment. We’re here to help you make the best choice for your lifestyle, needs, and budget. If you’re planning a bathroom remodel, we invite you to call us at 303-558-5225 to discuss how we can make your bathroom dreams a reality.