As a leading bathroom remodeler in Colorado, California, and Wyoming, HomePride Bath understands the intricacies of transforming a bathroom into a sanctuary of relaxation. One frequently considered modification is a tub-to-shower conversion. Whether due to accessibility needs, space restrictions, or lifestyle preferences, homeowners often contemplate trading in their bathtub for a sleek, modern shower. But like any significant change, this conversion has both benefits and potential drawbacks. Here we explore the pros and cons of tub-to-shower conversions.
Easier and Safer to Use
A prime benefit of converting a tub to a shower is the increased accessibility it offers. This is particularly beneficial for those with mobility issues or the elderly who may find stepping into a high-sided tub challenging and potentially dangerous.
- Walk-in showers are often fitted with a minimal or zero-threshold, and have a slip-resistant floor, reducing the risk of trips and falls.
- They can be customized to include safety features such as grab bars and bench seating.
- Shower controls can be positioned for easy reach, accommodating a seated position if needed.
Number of Baths in the Home
While many appreciate the convenience and look of a shower, some potential homebuyers may be deterred by the absence of a bathtub, particularly those with young children or who enjoy an occasional soak.
- Having at least one bathtub in the house is usually recommended for maintaining real estate value.
- If the home only has one bathroom, removing the only tub could make the property less attractive to some buyers.
Better Use of Space
Showers generally require less square footage than bathtubs, freeing up valuable space in smaller bathrooms.
- Walk-in showers can make the bathroom appear larger and more modern.
- This conversion is an opportunity to reimagine your bathroom layout, incorporating efficient storage solutions or more spacious counter areas.
The cost of converting a tub to a shower can vary greatly depending on the complexity of the project, the materials chosen, and unexpected issues that might arise during the renovation. Fortunately, with companies like HomePride you can get affordable luxury with custom designs so you can design an option in your budget and take advantage of many finance options.
- You should be prepared for possible additional expenses such as repairing any water damage discovered during the conversion or updating plumbing or your water tank to accommodate the new shower or a walk-in bath.
- While you can simply convert the tub to a shower, it is also a good time to consider additional updates to your bathroom such as new vanities, toilets, flooring, and more. The good news is HomePride can handle those projects at the same time and still be in in just a couple days!
Deciding to convert your tub to a shower is a significant decision that should take into account your current needs, future plans, and budget. As a 5-star rated, locally-owned bathroom remodeling business, HomePride Bath is committed to helping you navigate this process. We invite you to call us at 303-558-5225 to discuss your next project, and together, we can transform your bathroom into a space that reflects your unique style and needs.