Aging in Place Bathroom Safety Tips
As a bathroom remodeling company, HomePride of Sacramento has seen firsthand how important it is for seniors to have a bathroom that is safe and accessible. We also understand that seniors want a safe space at home and don’t want to have to relocate to another facility to find this safety. That is why adding a Sacramento accessible bathroom remodel to your home might be the best option for you!
Here are some tips to make your bathroom safe for aging in place:
- Install grab bars in the shower and around the toilet.
- Make sure there is plenty of clearance in the shower and around the toilet so that seniors can easily move around.
- Use non-slip mats in the shower and bathtub.
- Install a raised toilet seat if necessary.
- Use a handheld shower head to make it easier for seniors to bathe.
- Use low-flow faucets and toilets to save water.
- Consider installing a walk-in shower instead of a bathtub.
Accessible Bathroom Remodeling Tips for Sacramento
If you are considering remodeling your bathroom, these are some of the things that you should keep in mind. HomePride of Sacramento can help you with all of your bathroom remodeling needs, from installing grab bars to replacing your old tub with a walk-in shower. We offer free estimates, so please give us a call today!